The slide ring has just enough play for the young foal thanks to the figure eight design and allows for smooth and easy threading of a foal handling line at the girth rope stage, or later, is the perfect transition for a lead.
Its unique construction ensures a fit that will grow with your foal and will save you from having to replace multiple halters as your foal is growing.
For foals, we recommend pairing the Baby HYBRID with the 22' Foal Handling Line which allows a gentle transition to leading by the chin. A mistunderstanding of poll pressure is the #1 reason a foal flips over. You can lessen this risk by making a gentle transition to leading by the chin with direct poll pressure, using the foal handling line to fashion first a girth rope, then a neck rope, as you prepare the foal for understanding poll pressure incrementally.
Handmade in the USA of the highest quality nylon webbing and UV resistant yachting braid rope.
- Newborn size fits average quarter horse foals from birth to 2 weeks. Figure 8 design.
- Suckling fits average quarter horse foals to approximately 45 days old. Figure 8 design.
- Miniature size features traditional HYBRID design with nose knots and sliding ring and is made with 3/4" nylon
- Weanling size features traditional HYBRID design with nose knots and sliding ring and is made with 3/4" nylon
- Yearling/Pony size features traditional HYBRID design with nose knots and sliding ring and is made with 1" nylon
The Hybrid has all the convenience, personalization options, and functionality of a traditional web/flat halter. It features the stability of the buckles, rings and snap of a flat halter, combined with the training ability and control of the rope halter, plus the added benefit of the sliding ring under the chin for clarity of signal. The Hybrid Halter is the ultimate functional and training halter in one convenient design! You can cross tie in it, it won't tighten if a horse pulls back in it, it won't torque a horse's head to the side like a rope halter, so is both more comfortable for your horse and more effective for training because it mimics the application of pressure he will later experience with a bit. Your horse will find it difficult to lean on, so it can deliver a precision of cue that neither a rope, nor web halter can match and makes you and your horse's job easier. If you follow natural horsemanship, or do groundwork with your horse, you will see a remarkable training difference with this halter. If you lunge your horses, you won't have a need to to switch the rope of your lunge line based on your horse's direction of travel.
- Yearling - horses that are a year old
- Small/Cob - small headed adult Quarter Horses, average headed 2-year-olds and Arabians
- Average - most adult Quarter Horses, Paints and Thoroughbreds, Morgans, Mustangs, Gypsies. Under 15.2 with average sized jowls
- Large - warmbloods, large jowled paints, foundation bred quarter horses with larger heads
- Draft - all drafts and most draft crosses
|Size||Breed/Age/Size||Nose Circumference||Dee to Dee*|
|Suckling Foal||Foals up to weaning||Figure 8|
|Weanling||Shetland ponies and weanling foals||20"||34"|
|Yearling||Yearling horses and sport poinies, POA's||21"||36"|
|Arabian||Arabians with a signature long head||22"||39"|
|Small/Cob||Small headed adult Quarter Horses, average headed 2-year-olds, Cob size ponies and Arabians.||22"||38"|
|Average||Most adult Quarter Horses, Paints and Thoroughbreds, Morgans, Mustangs, Gypsies, smaller Warmbloods. Under 15.2 with average sized jowls.||24"||40"|
|Large||Larger Warmbloods, Large Jowled Paints, Foundation Bred Quarter Horses with Larger heads, Mules||26"||44"|
|XX-Large/Draft||For all drafts and most draft crosses||28"||50"|
*Dee to dee measurement is measured from side dees on either side of the horse's face, over the top of the poll to the opposite dee.
We're here to help! Call or Text Us!
We can help you with with fit and sizing issues before or after purchase.
Afraid to order the wrong size? Don't worry, we do no hassle size exchanges, its easy and only takes a few days. Most times, one of your riding friends will even buy the halter that's the incorrect size if you ask around!
Need an expert recommendation on fit? If you follow our breed and size guidelines above, you'll be super close, but we're always happy to take a second look for you. You can text us a photo of your horse (side on shot is best) to (888) 762 - 5701 or email us, your choice!