This is the economy nylon version of HYBRID Halter® line. It features halter nose knots only - no rope undercarriage and a new adjustable chin.
Nameplates: Visit our site Plates by Horse Education Company to design nameplates to match your halter. These can be easily installed at home using a tack punch and a screw driver.
If you're interested in even more control and better construction, look at the Classic Nylon Halter.
The patented HYBRID Halter® combines the effectiveness of a rope horse halter with the safety of a webbing horse halter, making it the perfect solution for any horse owner. Nylon halter with rolled nylon throat and chin, finished with a rope nose with noseband pressure knots. Universal design will not torque the horse’s sensitive head and poll region or twist into the animal’s eyes. Lunging and groundwork are made easier with a sliding ring under the chin that allows the snap of your rope to slide a full 180 degrees so there’s no need to change sides of the halter when changing direction of travel. The HYBRID Halter’s unique design has decreased surface area, making it harder for horse to push, pull or drag handler around. Suitable for cross tying, trailering, groundwork training, and everyday use.
Noseband colors: Noseband colors will vary - black always has black, other colors feature copper rope noses.
- Knotted Control Noseband
- Adjustable Chin with buckle
- Nickle Plated Hardware
- Superior Training Result to either rope or nylon web halter
- Throat snap for easy on-off
- The "Lite" style is built for a season or two of use as you may find the hardware will corrode if left in the elements. The Classic is built to last for 5+ years as it has the benefit of more UV coated materials AND non-rust solid brass or stainless steel hardware.
- "Lite" has Plated Hardware (Classic has solid brass hardware throughout)
- Undercarriage of "Lite" halter is made of webbing (Classic features UV protection coated yachting rope for best control)
- Classic version has a wider range of motion of the sliding ring, and therefore more control. The "Lite" halter has an adjustable chin for flexible sizing but does give up some range of motion.
- Expanded selection of sizes, colors and styles in Classic version
- Price: The Classic style is $70. The economy "lite" version of the halter will outperform either a webbing or rope halter, but the Classic version will give you even more control and better construction!
- Check out the Classic HYBRID Halter before making your selection>
In 2013, we patented the Hybrid Halter® design and created a completely new and unmatched category in the most lived in piece of tack your horse will ever wear - his halter. In the decade since, many have tried to copy or pickup elements of the design, but the simple truth is this: nothing else works as effectively, for the horse's benefit as our original patented design or world leading craftsmanship of the Horse Education Company Hybrid Halter®.
It has made its way to every major equine competition, including the Olympics, Kentucky Three Day Event, Badminton Three Day Event, the AQHA World Show and the National Finals Rodeo.
The Hybrid has all the SAFETY, convenience, personalization options, and functionality of a traditional web/flat halter. It features the stability of the buckles, rings and snap of a flat halter, combined with the training ability and control of the rope halter, plus the added benefit of the sliding ring under the chin for clarity of signal. The Hybrid Halter is the ultimate functional and training halter in one convenient design! You can cross tie in it, it won't tighten if a horse pulls back in it, it won't torque a horse's head to the side like a rope halter, so is both more comfortable for your horse and more effective for training because it mimics the application of pressure he will later experience with a bit. Your horse will find it difficult to lean on, so it can deliver a precision of cue that neither a rope, nor web halter can match and makes you and your horse's job easier. If you follow natural horsemanship, or do groundwork with your horse, you will see a remarkable training difference with this halter. If you lunge your horses, you won't have a need to to switch the rope of your lunge line based on your horse's direction of travel.
Use either breed/height or measurements on chart below to choose your halter!
|Size||Breed/Age/Size||Nose Circumference||Dee to Dee*|
|Suckling Foal||Foals up to weaning||Figure 8|
|Mini||Miniature horses||under 18"||under 28"|
|Weanling||Shetland ponies and weanling foals||18- 20"||28-34"|
|Yearling||Yearling horses and sport poinies, POA's||20-21"||34-36"|
|Small||Small headed adult Quarter Horses, average headed 2-year-olds and Arabians.||21-22"||36-38"|
|Average||Most adult Quarter Horses, Paints and Thoroughbreds, Morgans, Mustangs, Gypsies, smaller Warmbloods. Under 15.2 with average sized jowls. Cob.||22-24"||38-40"|
|Large||Larger Warmbloods, Large Jowled Paints, Foundation Bred Quarter Horses with Larger heads, Mules||24-26"||40-44"|
|XX-Large/Draft||For all drafts and most draft crosses||26-28"||44-50"|
*Dee to dee measurement is measured from side dees on either side of the horse's face, over the top of the poll to the opposite dee.
We're here to help! Call or Text Us!
We can help you with with fit and sizing issues before or after purchase.